The Tas Valley Federation aims to serve Tasburgh, Saxlingham Nethergate and the surrounding area by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Our vision for Tas Valley Federation is based on our understanding of the Bible verse, John 10:10
‘I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.’
Through the Parable of the Good Shepherd, Jesus reminds us that we can ALL experience ‘fullness of life’ by following and trusting in Him like sheep follow their shepherd. Our vision is for all members of the Tas Valley Federation community to experience life in all its fullness, and to contribute to a world that enables others to do the same.
This means that:
- We will respect the individuality of each person and make everyone feel valued in our schools.
- We will provide a curriculum that is rich, broad and relevant, offering opportunities for children to explore their creativity, enjoy physical activity and feel a bond with their environment whilst learning ever more about the wider world.
- We will promote high standards in reading, writing and mathematics in order that every child is enabled to engage with their learning and fulfil their potential, both now and in the future.
- We will help children to develop their social skills, including empathy for others and positive relationships with those around them.
- We will ensure that children feel a link with local, national and global communities and that they understand how their actions can impact.
- We will enable children to appreciate their own spirituality, to respect that of others, and to experience joy in the world.
To find out more information about Saxlingham Nethergate CE VC Primary School, click here.